I was just thinking about how I have not updated the blog once since being here… Oops… I will have a lot of catching up to do 🙂
- I have 19 days left. What?!?! How is this possible? It definitely is a bummer to have to leave right when I feel adjusted! But I am looking forward to seeing my people.
- I am learning so much. I have four classes, two in English and two in Spanish. I figured since it’s my last semester of school I might as well take classes that super interested me! I have had a lot of work… I feel like the last week or two haven’t been too bad but overall I’ve had a lot of studying and reading and writing…
- Conversación y Composición – every day I’m like, why has no one taught me this before?!
- Español y Los Medios de Comunicación de Masas – right now we are working on a report – we interviewed people and are compiling our summary! My final for this class is due Thursday and I’m talking about how WhatsApp has influenced communication in Spain!
- Modern Art and Architecture in Spanish Cities – our professor works at the Reina Sofia contemporary art museum and knows SO much about art! We are daily amazed. I have learned a lot about urban art (never really noticed graffiti before this class tbh), we’ve been on tours to the Reina Sofia and to see architecture on Gran Via, and I even made a miniature replication of a work for a project. pics to come.
- International Management – learning so much about different cultural customs and how they affect business! I’ve loved seeing content from several of my classes from Belmont in this class (Management, HRM, Teamwork in Organizations). It’s made me wonder if this is a path I’d like to continue…
- I am getting to do some awesome traveling! My program has taken us on some lovely trips too.
- Valencia (CEA)
- Segovia (CEA)
- Sevilla (CEA)
- Switzerland (with my FAVORITE PARENTS WHO CAME TO SEE ME!!! 10/10 they are the best!! :’)
- Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe!
- Italy (with my dear Mele girl!!)
- Cinque Terre
- Didn’t get to go to Toledo or London because I got super sick 😥
- Fun fact: that was the FOURTH time I’ve tried to go to Toledo. Maybe 5th time is a charm?
- Was so sad I didn’t get to go see Mele and Chance the Rapper 😦 #boosickness
- Going this week and next to Scotland, Germany, and Austria
- I’ve just been really bad sick twice (compared to Santiago’s whole five months haha)
- This included a trip to the ER because that was my only option…
- God has been teaching me so many things this semester. (more on this)
- He is faithful.
- He is good.
- He PROVIDES.
- He upholds us.
- He is with us.
- God has given me some really wonderful friends here… (more on these rockstars coming soon) I am part of a women’s bible study!! What!! Joanne is our wonderful leader. (major shout out to Joanne and Robert because they are amazing) Very thankful for these ladies and our fellowship together!
- One dear friend and our fantastic church: my first Sunday I was jet lagged and weary and sad. I spent a couple hours of researching churches in Madrid, and chose one called Immanuel Baptist Church (IBC). I trekked on over (using the bus system for the first time: scary). IBC is the oldest English-speaking church in Madrid. I decided that since my time here would be short, I didn’t want to church hop all semester and needed to have consistent spiritual food and community! Anyway the service concluded and as I was leaving I was feeling discouraged that I hadn’t really met anyone. At this moment I accidentally kicked the foot of this gal in front of me. “I am so sorry!” then “Hi I’m Lily what’s your name?” Well the Lord had also been working in the heart of Emma from Austin and after our brief introductions she said “wanna have lunch with me?” and I said yes. The beginning of lots of adventures in Madrid together! Amazing. I love this girl so much. The Lord has used her to speak so much truth and hope and life to me. 120% going to be making trips between Nash and ATX. Thanks for loving me so well and faithfully pointing me to Jesus. Thanks for asking good questions and being understanding (and of my verbal processing haha). I love you a lot EMB.
- We have a fave coffee shop: Toma Café!
- I have been going to swim a couple times a week! The front desk guy knows my name :’) not sure if that’s good or bad since maybeeeee one time I was tryna ask questions and everyone at desk + me was laughing? hopefully with me? not at me?
- Goal: wanted to get down the backstroke to breaststroke flip turn!! Maybe hit my head on the bottom of the pool and looked like a crazy person but I FINALLY GOT IT!! (yes I cheered for myself ha)
- Pumpkins I have bought: 3
- Succulents: 1
- Cactus: 1
- V thankful for FaceTime.
There is so much more to share wow. This barely scratches the surface. But for now… Back to homework and listening to Christmas music 🙂 More coming soon!!
Thanks for loving me well fam and friends!
“wherever you are, be all there.”
Look to Jesus. Rest in Him! He came and he is coming again. #advent
xxoo your fave madrileña